The goal of the UNC Sustainable Business Club is to engage with the sustainability sector in meaningful ways through programs ranging from our speaker series with clean-tech experts to our hands-on, interdisciplinary work with businesses through the Impact Project. By facilitating collaboration between students and leaders in the sustainability sector, we aim to serve as a central hub for all student-led innovation and triple-bottom line impact at UNC-Chapel Hill. Join us on our mission to become the ground-breaking leaders of tomorrow!
We are affiliated with the Kenan-Flagler Business School, but we welcome and highly encourage members of all majors to get involved. We see SBC as an avenue for anyone with a passion for environmental and social impact to make a tangible difference and see their ideas brought to life in actual organizations.
To join our club, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Add yourself to the roster on Heel Life by clicking the “Join” button towards the top of this page. Your membership should be approved on our end within a few days. Otherwise, feel free to contact us using the email addresses provided at the bottom of this section.
- Step 2: Add your email to our listserv. Make sure to check your spam folder – we send out newsletters every month (excluding the summer) and may use emails for other important announcements if needed.
- Step 3: Follow us on Instagram at @uncsbc. We post announcements and upcoming events on our page, so keep an eye on it!
Our main projects/events include:
- The Impact Project: teams of our students, from a variety of backgrounds and majors, work on consulting engagements and outsourced projects for leading sustainable businesses and nonprofits
- Our speaker series, which features leaders in sustainability from around the world who have made their marks in a variety of different industries
- Our newsletter, which notifies members about both student-led and professional sustainability opportunities
- Earth week events aiming to educate the Carolina student body about environmental issues and ways to be more sustainable in day-to-day life
Learn more about the Sustainable Business Club’s background and guiding principles
Srilekhya Vennamaneni, Co-President: email@example.com
Arnav Gunwani, Co-President: firstname.lastname@example.org